In a social media post from LDS Charities, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints revealed how much the Light the World Giving Machines made in donations throughout the 2018 Christmas season.
“Your generosity helped raise $2,309,276 for our local and international partners,” LDS Charities shared. The organization also shared some insights on what people purchased through the machines:
- 28,801 donations toward nutrition and meals
- 20,358 donations toward livestock and other animals
- 10,431 donations toward clothing and household needs
- 9,277 donations toward education and recreation materials
- 5,767 donations toward maternal and infant health
The machines were located in five cities worldwide, including London, New York City, and Manila, Phillippines.
Lead Image | JarvieDigital.com
Aleah is a graduate of Southern Virginia University, where she studied English, Creative Writing, and Dance. She now works full time as a marketing and product manager, writer, and editor. Aleah served a mission in California and loves baking, Lang Leav poetry, Gaynor Minden pointe shoes, and Bollywood movies.