New online content is available to assist those who are deaf or hard of hearing or have disabilities on digital platforms of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. A Disabilities page has been updated at ChurchofJesusChrist.org and the content has also been posted on the Gospel Library app in the Life Help section, which includes materials for individuals, parents and caregivers and leaders of those who are deaf or hard of hearing or have disabilities.
Resources within the app include information on the doctrine, videos, and Home Evening lessons on disability awareness and inclusion, service mission opportunities, and outside resources.
The scriptures and other Church materials are available in a variety of accessible formats:
- American Sign Language (asl.ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Audio (audio.ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Audio Description
- Closed Captions
- DAISY format (DAISY.ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
- Materials on talking book cartridges
- Victor Reader Stream Files
- Web Braille (braille.ChurchofJesusChrist.org)
For more information, visit https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/life/disability