People planning to attend the 188th Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will notice some changes designed to improve security and enhance the patron experience at the Conference Center.
The fall sessions of general conference are scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, October 6 and 7, 2018, on Temple Square in Salt Lake City.
Here are the changes:
- The Conference Center will be closed to the public beginning Monday prior to general conference weekend.
- Water bottles must be clear. Metal containers are not allowed inside the Conference Center.
- Attendees can bring small bags and umbrellas with them inside the building. Large bags are not allowed.
- Any personal items such as large purses, backpacks, shopping bags, suitcases and food items will no longer be stored on Church property.
- North Temple will be closed between West Temple and Main Street two hours before each session, allowing pedestrians to cross the street in crosswalks and other designated locations within the restricted area. The street will be blocked off with moveable barriers.
- North Temple will reopen with limited access during each session and each day approximately two hours after general conference sessions end.
- People are encouraged to walk through Temple Square and the Church plaza to get to the Conference Center.
- Conference goers are encouraged to arrive early to provide adequate time to attend the event.
Aleah is a graduate of Southern Virginia University, where she studied English, Creative Writing, and Dance. She now works full time as a marketing and product manager, writer, and editor. Aleah served a mission in California and loves baking, Lang Leav poetry, Gaynor Minden pointe shoes, and Bollywood movies.