On Friday, September 6, 2019, a special birthday gala will be held to celebrate the 95th birthday of Latter-day Saint prophet Russell M. Nelson. The live celebration will be held at the Conference Center in Salt Lake City, Utah, with a rebroadcast in seven languages.
Today, the Church announced six acclaimed guest artists who will be performing at the event. They are:
- Grammy-nominated violinist Jenny Oaks Baker and her four children, who compose Family Four.
- The Bonner Family, featuring the talented vocals of eight Bonner siblings and their parents.
- GENTRI, The Gentlemen Trio, who specialize in cinematic three-part harmonies.
- Nathan Pacheco, a classically trained tenor.
- Donny Osmond, superstar singer, dancer, and actor.
- The Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square.
The birthday celebration will share insights into the life, ministry, and service of President Nelson. Videos will focus on how his career, family, and ministry have shaped who he is as a special witness of Jesus Christ. Elder S. Gifford Nielsen of the Seventy, a former sportscaster, and professional football quarterback, and Ruth Todd, a former television news anchor, will emcee the concert celebration.
Complimentary tickets for the prophet’s birthday celebration will be available on ChurchofJesusChrist.org/events beginning Tuesday, July 30, at 9:00 a.m. and will be limited to two tickets per individual.
Aleah is a graduate of Southern Virginia University, where she studied English, Creative Writing, and Dance. She now works full time as a marketing and product manager, writer, and editor. Aleah served a mission in California and loves baking, Lang Leav poetry, Gaynor Minden pointe shoes, and Bollywood movies.