You love your partner, but do you always see eye-to-eye? Start your marriage off right with an open and honest discussion about you and your partner’s habits, history, and expectations. These 10 questions come from the popular book, 350 Questions LDS Couples Should Ask Before Marriage. They encapsulate some of the book’s sections, including spirituality, intimacy, finances, and technology.
- What is your definition of a celestial marriage?
- How many children to each of you want to have, and when do you plan to start a family?
- How do you think that your use of money will change after marriage?
- What do you expect the role of husband to be like? The role of wife?
- At this stage in your relationship, do you still feel the need to be “on your best behavior” or are you comfortable being yourself?
- When every couple is married, the partners make vows never to have sexual relations with any other person. How is it that so many people today break these vows? What measures will you take to avoid this happening in your relationship?
- What has been your most negative experience with the Church and your most positive?
- Do you feel you could communicate with me under any circumstance and about any subject?
- Do we have trust on social media sites?
- What are you sexual expectations when you’re married?
What questions do you think should be asked before marriage? Sound off in the comments below.