This year, the Church has split it’s “Light the World” campaign into four distinct weeks, with each focusing on a different sphere you can influence for good.
For the final week of December, we are encouraged to light our faith in Jesus Christ. If you aren’t sure where to begin, here is a list of helpful ideas.
- Write down a spiritual experience you’ve had recently that you do not want to forget.
- Study scriptures concerning faith during your scripture study.
- Share your testimony of Jesus Christ on social media.
- Hold a fast seeking to better understand the faith you already have.
- Write down five things you believe about Jesus Christ.
- Read the eighth chapter of “Jesus the Christ” by James E. Talmadge. It provides a more comprehensive and in-depth look into the traditional Nativity story.
- Re-watch the First Presidency Christmas devotional.
- Sing Christmas carols as a family, group, or by yourself to invite the Spirit.
- Study the scriptures behind your favorite carols.
- Offer forgiveness to someone who has wronged you.
- Visit the temple or temple grounds.
- Set a goal to improve in following the Savior in a specific way.
- Invite the missionaries over to share a message with you.
- Place a photo of Christ or the temple in every room of your house.
- Put on a Nativity pageant with family and friends.
- Prepare to take the sacrament with full purpose of heart.
- Commit to spending 15 minutes each day in silence pondering on Christ.
- Pray for more faith.
- Write your testimony in a Book of Mormon and give it someone.
- Think of the one act of service you’ve been wanting to do throughout the Light the World campaign and do it.
Aleah is a graduate of Southern Virginia University, where she studied English, Creative Writing, and Dance. She now works full time as a marketing and product manager, writer, and editor. Aleah served a mission in California and loves baking, Lang Leav poetry, Gaynor Minden pointe shoes, and Bollywood movies.