Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
1. As I search the holy scriptures,
Loving Father of mankind,
May my heart be blessed with wisdom,
And may knowledge fill my mind.
2. As I search the holy scriptures,
Touch my spirit, Lord, I pray.
May life’s myst’ries be unfolded
As I study day by day.
3. As I search the holy scriptures,
May thy mercy be revealed.
Soothe my troubled heart and spirit;
May my unseen wounds be healed.
4. As I search the holy scriptures,
Help me ponder and obey.
In thy word is life eternal;
May thy light show me the way.
*Suitable for All Ages*
Begin by watching this video. Note: May not be suitable for younger children.
Read aloud: The Holy Bible is a vital collection of ancient books that testify of Jesus Christ. In the Old Testament, we learn about all the prophets and the children of Israel who lived before Jesus Christ was born. The New Testament is a record of Christ and his Apostles during Christ’s earthly ministry. Through the Bible, we learn many important things. We learn:
- How the Earth was created
- That God speaks through prophets
- How Jesus Christ established his Church
- The gospel of Jesus Christ
- The need for continuous revelation
Most importantly, the New Testament provides us with an intimate look at the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
Have everyone pull out their scriptures and give them a few minutes to search for either their favorite scripture in the Bible or a scripture they like that teaches about Jesus Christ. Come together and share what you find.
Read aloud: With the Bible and our other scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon, we have a clear picture of who Jesus Christ is and how we can follow him. We are blessed to have the Bible as a powerful witness of God’s truth.
Finish the lesson by bearing your testimony of the scriptures in your life.
-1 3/4 cup sugar
-1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
-3 large eggs
-1/4 tsp vanilla extract
-3 Tbsp flour
-pinch of salt
-1 cup buttermilk
-1 9″ unbaked pie crust
1. Cream together the sugar and butter till well blended. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, until the mixture is nice and smooth. Add in the vanilla, salt and flour. Beat in the buttermilk until well combined.
2. Place the pie shell on a baking sheet lined with foil (catches any overflow). Fill the pie shell with the buttermilk mixture, just to the top of the shell. Pour any remaining into an ungreased custard cup.
3. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let set until almost cooled before serving. Store covered in the fridge
(Courtesy of Just a Pinch)
As a family, explore the official website for the Bible Videos produced by the Church. Pick a few favorites to watch or try and find the videos that go along with some of the scriptures you found. Give time for everyone to to share their thoughts about each video.