But purify your hearts before me; and then go ye into all the world, and preach my gospel unto every creature who has not received it;
1. Go forth with faith to tell the world
Of Jesus Christ, the Lord.
Bear witness he is God’s own Son;
Proclaim his wondrous word.
Go forth with hope and courage strong
To spread the word abroad
That people of all nations
Are children of our God.
2. Go forth with love to tell the world
The joy of families–
That we may be with those we love
Thru all eternity.
Go forth to serve and do your best
With no thought of reward;
Then you shall know the boundless joy
Of serving Christ, the Lord.
3. Go forth with pow’r to tell the world
The gospel is restored,
That all may gain eternal life
Thru Jesus Christ, the Lord.
Go forth to preach his glorious truths
Of peace, of joy, and love,
That all who heed his holy word
May praise the Lord above.
*Suitable for All Ages*
Begin by writing the following quote on a board or reading it out loud:
“After all that has been said, the greatest and most important duty is to preach the Gospel.” – Joseph Smith
Ask: Why do you think Joseph Smith would say this?
Read aloud: As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we are commanded to bring the gospel to all the world. We are able to accomplish this in many ways. We have full-time missionaries who serve around the world. We can also share the gospel in our neighborhoods and communities. Sometimes, we refer to this type of work as being a member missionary.
However, being a member missionary isn’t always easy.
Ask: What are some things that make being a member missionary hard?
Read aloud: We have been promised, no matter what difficulties we may face, that Jesus Christ will help us. There are some easy things we can do to help ourselves find joy and strength in being member missionaries. Here are just three examples:
- We can pray to know who to help. God knows who is around us and who is prepared to know more about Jesus Christ.
- We can pray to know how to help. Once we know who to help, we can pray to know how best to serve them and share our message with them.
- We can ask the full-time missionaries for ideas. Missionaries are called to be witnesses of Jesus Christ in the areas they serve. They can receive inspiration on what we can do to help them in the work.
Ask: What are some easy ways we can be member missionaries? Does anyone have experiences they would like to share?
Finish the lesson by bearing your testimony about sharing the gospel.
-3 cups heavy cream
-1/3 cup sugar
-1 cup Nutella
- Pour heavy whipping cream into the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl. Pour in sugar. Use a hand mixer, or the whisk attachment on a stand mixer, to whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop the nutella into the bowl. Fold it together using a rubber spatula until all of the whipped cream is brown and loses its streaks.
- Scoop into serving dishes, or use a piping bag if you are being fancy.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
(Courtesy of thestayathomechef.com)
The Oinking Game
Blindfold one person in your group and give them an object to touch people with. It could be a spoon, an empty bottle, or pillow. Once they are blindfolded, have everyone in the room disperse to a different spot to “hide.” The person who is it must walk around the room, trying to tap someone with the object. Once a person gets tapped, they must oink like a pig. The person who is blindfolded guesses who it is. If they get it right, the person who was tapped is it. If they get it wrong, they must continue on until they find someone and guess correctly.