On February 20, 2018, the Church will release new stretch cotton garments for women. They were designed for increased comfort and a close fit.
In a news release from LDS.org, Angie White, garment production manager, said, “The design of the new Stretch Cotton garment is a direct response to customer feedback, and has been tested with more than 1,000 women around the world. We’ve tried to address common concerns while enhancing features that sisters have requested.”
The garment features:
- 95% cotton and 5% spandex fabric
- Stretch polyester mesh panels on the sides of the torso and back of the legs for airflow
- A redesigned sleeve to eliminate fabric under the arm
- Average and full bust sizes
- Softer waistband
- Natural and lower waist options
- Printed labels to replace sewn-in tags
Beginning on January 24, 2018, customers in the U.S. and Canada may place pre-orders at store.lds.org/garments or by calling Customer Support at (800) 537-5971. You will need to log into your LDS account to access the site. The new style of garments will be available worldwide by the end of 2018.
Sacred temple garments are worn by members of the Church who have made covenants in holy temples. Wearing the garment is an outward expression of an inward commitment to follow the Savior. You can learn more about garments by watching the video below.