November is officially here and that means it is time to soften our hearts to the blessings and mercies of Jesus Christ. This special 30-day challenge is designed to be a reflective and introspective way to count your many blessings while inspiring you to act on your thoughts and commune with God. All you need is something to write on, something to write with, and a willing heart.
Print off the following handout or come back to this page to see each daily prompt. Write down your answers each day to the questions posed or follow the instructions. While there is a prompt for each of the 30 days in November, you can do this challenge whenever you would like!
Click Image to Open
30-Day Gratitude Journal Challenge
- Write how having an “attitude of gratitude” has blessed you in your life.
- Write what challenges you face in generating feelings of gratitude.
- What is one thing today you are grateful for?
- What are two things today you are grateful for?
- What are three things today you are grateful for?
- What are four things today you are grateful for?
- What are five things today you are grateful for?
- What are six things today you are grateful for?
- What are seven things today you are grateful for?
- How has a week of counting your blessings impacted your life?
- What is one trial you’re going through right now? What is one positive thing that has come from it?
- Why is it hard to be grateful during trials? What is one thing you can do to remember Christ?
- What has been an important spiritual experience in your life this year so far? Why are you grateful for it?
- How have you been blessed physically this year?
- How have you been blessed financially this year?
- How have you been blessed spiritually this year?
- Why are you grateful for temples?
- Why are you grateful for the sacrament?
- How have God’s creations blessed your life?
- Who do you minister to and what is one thing you like about each of them?
- Write a note to the people you minister to expressing your thanks and deliver them.
- Who are three important non-relative people in your life? Why are you grateful for them?
- Write a note to the people you wrote about expressing your thanks and deliver them.
- List each close family member and why you are grateful for them.
- Write a note to each family member expressing your thanks and deliver them.
- What are five ways Jesus Christ has impacted your life?
- How has expressing gratitude this past week impacted you?
- How can you better express thanks to those around you?
- What are thirty things you are grateful for?
- Offer a prayer of only thanks. Write down your thoughts and impressions before and after the prayer.
Aleah is a graduate of Southern Virginia University, where she studied English, Creative Writing, and Dance. She now works full time as a marketing and product manager, writer, and editor. Aleah served a mission in California and loves baking, Lang Leav poetry, Gaynor Minden pointe shoes, and Bollywood movies.