An article by Jana Riess for Religion News Service lists ten things everyone should know about millennial Mormons based on a 2016 Next Mormons survey featuring 1,155 “currently identified Mormons.” Here are the first five facts:
- Millennial Mormons were between the ages of 18-36 in 2016. As the youngest generation of adult Mormons, they were born between 1980 and 1998.
- 8 in 10 millennial Mormons are white. This is more diverse than Mormons age 52 and older, who are 93% white.
- More than half (53%) of millennial Mormons are married, compared to the 65% of Mormons being married as a whole.
- Millennial Mormons grew up with fewer siblings, with 32% growing up in families with 1 or 2 children. Just 22% of older Mormons did. The ideal family size is also getting smaller.
- 9 in 10 millennial Mormons believe in God and 82% feel God’s presence at least once a week.
Aleah is a graduate of Southern Virginia University, where she studied English, Creative Writing, and Dance. She now works full time as a marketing and product manager, writer, and editor. Aleah served a mission in California and loves baking, Lang Leav poetry, Gaynor Minden pointe shoes, and Bollywood movies.